NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
This notice is provided to you to inform you about how your personal health information (as a patient) may be disclosed and your rights. This Privacy Regulation was created as a result of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
We are committed to and are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of your health information.
DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Under the following circumstances we may be required to disclose your health information with authorization:
- To public health authorities and health-care agencies that are authorized by law to collect your personal information.
- Lawsuits and similar proceedings under court or administrative order.
- If required to do so by law enforcement.
- When necessary to prevent serious threat to your health of another individual.
- If you are in the U.S. Military and if required by authorities.
- To federal officials for national security.
- To correctional institutions if you are in the custody of the law.
- For workers compensation or similar programs.
- You may request a restriction be placed on your health information for treatment, payment, and or other health-care operations. You may restrict individuals involved in your care. We are not required to agree to your request; however we are bound by our agreement except when otherwise required by law or when the information is deemed necessary to treat you.
- You may ask us to amend your health information if you believe that it is incorrectly documented.
- You may request in writing to obtain a copy of your health information including patient medical and billing records, reports and findings, but not including psychotherapy notes.